Regulations on Extrator Fan Ducting in Flats
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
u0362565
Apprentice
Apprentice

Regulations on Extrator Fan Ducting in Flats

by u0362565 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:02 pm

Hi all,

We've got an issue with cooking/burning smells coming from the flat below us. I have seen the neighbour's extractor from a distance and just looks like a rather large axial or could be centrifugal extractor fan (not an extraction hood). It has been said its of the recirculation type. I have never heard or seen a ceiling mounted extractor fan that recirculates back into the room, so was wondering if they do exist? As its not ducted it would need to contain a grease/carbon filter too presumably-never heard of that on a ceiling mounted extractor fan that isn't a hood..

So my fear is that the fan is just pumping the smells into the roof void between our neighbours and our flat. If this is the case are there any regulations that say this wouldn't meet building ventilation regulations and can we do anything about it? If its pumping up moisture then god knows what damage its doing.

Thanks for the advice.

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Regulations on Extrator Fan Ducting in Flats

by collectors » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:35 am

This might help.
[url]https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/456656/domestic_ventilation_compliance_guide_2010.pdf[/url]

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1