Remote switching of Danfoss pumps
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
aviator
Labourer
Labourer

Remote switching of Danfoss pumps

by aviator » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:17 pm

Hi,
Here is the problem I have. Our central heating system have two extra pumps and zone valves that are located at the far end of our house. At the moment they are controlled by two radio control room stat.

Problem is that they are not linked back into the main central heating control.

The central heating has its own room stat, also radio-control. Problem is that the two extra pumps can run when the central boiler is not active.

My idea is to find a simple radio control switch - with one frequency that could operate two remote switches. So that when the central heating is On. it would enable power to the two remote zone valves and pumps.

Can anyone suggest a supplier ? I am struggling to find a electrically activated remote AC switching kit

matthewm1965
Tradesman
Tradesman

by matthewm1965 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:15 pm

Have a look at the X10 home automation products.

I solved a similar problem with an X10 SM10E transmitter and AD10 receiver.

If you google "X10 home automation" you will find a supplier.

Matt

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:43 am

Hi,

Try the honeywell site.

simon@hwch
Apprentice
Apprentice

by simon@hwch » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:15 pm

As a total system solution, Honeywell Hometronic would be worth looking at if you fancy zoning the property into up to 16 zones.

Having extra pumps at the end of the property sounds a bit Heath Robinson from here, but then I haven't seen your installation.

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Perry525 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:35 pm

B&Q and lots of others sell this type of switch, however, none of them are very good at working through multiple walls.
Presumably the original intention was to help the hot water move through a section of UFH?
I have a Danfoss Randell zoned system, where the remote receiver switches the motor on/motor off Sunvic valves for three separate zones, this receiver is mounted where it can receive the wireless signals from all three mobile thermostats and is hard wired to the valves, and the boiler via a 250v relay bought from Maplin.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1