Removal of Artex using X-tec + disposal of removed materials
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
patrickcornwell
Labourer
Labourer

Removal of Artex using X-tec + disposal of removed materials

by patrickcornwell » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:38 am

Hi
I'm planning a major project to remove artex from every room in house we're buying (sigh!) + hoping X-tex will live up to its billing. Can anyone help advise what precautions, eg, protective clothing, should I be using and what's the right way to dispose of the removed Artex?

JRS
Ganger
Ganger

by JRS » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:07 pm

1ST THING 1ST GET IT TESTED FOR ASBESTOS. Pre 2000 houses with artes could possible have asbestos in them so be safe get it checked or leave it alone. Asteam stripper takes off some artex or you could plaster over it.

Jacq Penmin
Labourer
Labourer

by Jacq Penmin » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:00 am

I am also using X-tex to strip a whole room. The same thing occurred to me, what do I do with the scrapings? Surely what comes off must be full of Artex (and if old Artex) with Asbestos fibres in the goo. Does this have to be disposed of as Asbestos waste? And are the scrapings hazardous to the skin etc.

It is working, involves a lot of scaping and re-applying and scraping again, and the mess is horrible :( but it is good.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:12 pm