Repairing a Bosch GWS 8-115 Angle Grinder
Ask questions and find answers on all aspects of tools including hand & power tools.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mcaddy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Repairing a Bosch GWS 8-115 Angle Grinder

by mcaddy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:22 pm

My Angle Grinder stopped working some time back and after popping off the case I quickly diagnosed the fault, the Suppression filter had visibly failed. Without a Job that required it I never got round to fixing. However the time has come to use again and I've bought a replacement part but have lost the notes I made about which cable connected to which.

I've got hold of the exploded diagram but I'm not having much luck working out which is which.

The Unit I have (which is identical to the faulty component) doesn't quite match the one in the diagram

Any Ideas?
Attachments
GWS115.jpg

mcaddy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Repairing a Bosch GWS 8-115 Angle Grinder

by mcaddy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:06 pm

I know it's kinda bad form to answer your own questions but I figured I do it anyway as I managed to solve my problem thanks to some Russians!

I wasn't getting very far with the exploded diagram as the outputs on the filter didn't really correlate with the layout in the diagram.

Whist searching for a datasheet for the filter I stumbled across an Russian Language forum with some photos of a partially dissembled grinder. luckily this was just enough for me to trace the cables.

http://www.mastergrad.com/forums/t17253 ... -gws850ce/

Hopefully this will be of some use if anyone else is looking through past topics in the future.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:55 am