Replacement Cold Water (Loft) Tank
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Biscuitman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Replacement Cold Water (Loft) Tank

Post by Biscuitman » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:11 pm

This morning started with me discovering a leak from the cold water tank in the loft. It seems to have split, rotting the timber on which it was sitting. I now need to replace the tank with another and the supporting wood work.

So a couple of questions:

1) How big a tank do I need to have in a 4 bedroom house - condensing boiler (if that makes any difference!), upstairs bathroom and hot water tank fed by the cold water tank. I also have a seperate tank for pumped shower and a header tank for the heating system.

2) Where can I find one that will fit through my loft opening 21" x 28"?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

bobplum
Foreman
Foreman

Post by bobplum » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:35 am

i assume the tank in question will not fit the loft opening so must have been installed when house being built,if so get two tanks to give you the same vuolume and connect together
if no volume or info on the tank ,take measurements to plumbers suppliers and explain,get the two tanks,tank connector,ball valve etc and marry them up install new supports and you may be best raising the supports to give a bit more pressure
should do the trick

Biscuitman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Biscuitman » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:46 pm

Used a ratchet strap to hold a folded 50 gallon circular tank and managed to squeeze it through!

katydr
Labourer
Labourer

Post by katydr » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:49 pm

Hi
Your problem is exactly mine, we can't get the new tank up into the loft, no water now for days! How did you solve it? Please let me know!
Thanks

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:12 pm

See our project on enlarging a loft hatch.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:04 pm