replacing a light switch

Postby bizzle » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:41 am

any help will be very much appreciated....

im redecorating my extension and want to add more light (we currently have 1 fan/light) which is very dull.....

i would like to add 2 more lighting circuits and be able to switch each circuit individually from one point in the room....

can i get a 3way lighing switch and basically "loop" the incoming feed to each switch so i can have independent control for each circuit?

if no... then what is the best wasy of doing this????

many thanks

andy
bizzle
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:32 pm

Yes from lamp "Loop" you daisy chain to next lamp "Loop" and so on then switch cable from each lamp to each switch.

Note:- Normally no neutrals at switch so loop from lamp to lamp. However sometimes loop is taken switch to switch specially when using extra low voltage lamps so check first.
ericmark

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!