Replacing the cooker top
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
JABrice
Labourer
Labourer

Replacing the cooker top

by JABrice » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:41 pm

Hi,
I would like to replace my (electric) cooker top which is in my fitted kitchen, the oven is below it. Do I have to remove the oven in order to unscrew the hob from below. If yes can you give me any idea how I might do this. There is (I believe) a gas point behind the units, if I go for a gas top (I would get a professional would to do that) would I also have to get a vent installed in the kitchen?

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:17 am

Too many oven/hob types and makes to guess this. Go to the manufaturer and get an installation manual.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:44 pm

Ovens are normally held in place by screws. Normally just inside the door (the rim where the door close onto) undo these screws and the oven should slide out, be careful when sliding it out as you don't know how much electric cable you have as you cannot be sure how it was fitted.

Then the hob will be held on by metal clamps holdiing it to the worktop. You will have to get a CORGI registered installer to fit a gas hob.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:33 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:12 am