Respirator for Outdoor Small Fires and Indoor Carpet Vacuuming
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

fasop
Apprentice
Apprentice

Respirator for Outdoor Small Fires and Indoor Carpet Vacuuming

by fasop » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:47 pm

I am looking for a reusable respirator for personal domestic purposes which I can use when vacuuming carpet indoors and burning sensitive paperwork (occasionally some plastic parcel wrapping or credit cards) outdoors in a controlled fire.

I gather that I would need a particulate filter over a fume based one, but notice that most of the reusable filters offer two filter valves and was wondering the reason for that; possibly the length of time is doubled or I could use two different types of filters?

Anyway, I had a look at 3M's offerings and came across their 6000 series which has both filter options. They told me that I would have to be fitted, which I couldn't believe, just for personal use.

I finally found someone who was willing to help that was near me, however he was trying to push other brands named "Sundstrom" (SR100) and "Moldex" as better fitting alternatives, this over the phone before we've met, but I'm not sure if that is for financial reasons.

Is like to know if anybody has any views on this hardware for what I need it for, which is sparingly and only domestic purposes.

One other thing I came across that got me thinking was a Indiegogo project named "Saver" (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/save ... you-love#/) which is a handy respirator that filters typical fumes from a household fire and was wondering if the filter(s) I may need to use could do something similar?

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:15 am