ring main wire
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
barrie
Labourer
Labourer

ring main wire

Post by barrie » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:09 pm

have been given a new roll of ring main wire
it is brand new but is the old type in other words the live is red .n is black .
i am laying a cement floor in a extention will be putting conduit to run the wire through .first is this ok for the new reg part p. and will they pull me up on the colour as it is [l.red.[n black.] instead of the now [l.brown.[ n.blue.]

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:20 pm

you can't use old coloured wires since colours changed, the overlap time to use up old stock is long passed.
as you are building then u will have visits from building control and you will need to have wiring certified as they don't do it as part of their inspection, which only covers routing of cables and location (height etc ),sorry,
SPARX

barrie
Labourer
Labourer

Post by barrie » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:27 pm

ok thanks so if i use this and get a spark to come and check it out for the part p cer .as i know the council servayer said that it must have a part p cer when finnished .what you are saying is that he would not pass it as it is now the wrong colour .even though there is nothing wrong with the wireing.if thats the case well it looks like i will be putting it in with the other copper for scrap.seems one hell of a waist .well thanks anyway for your help. :oops:

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:40 pm