Rising Damp
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sparkydelux
Tradesman
Tradesman

Rising Damp

by Sparkydelux » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:07 pm

I have a lounge that has one external facing wall which is getting damp on the inside of that wall. The entire room was replastered about 6 months ago and since winter began it has now started to get damp with a bubbling effect and black mould on the inside wall.

The area on the outside of the wall is not concreted and I have dug away about a foot deep below the surface then painted the wall with a Damp Proof membrane hoping that when it rained the water would be below the dpc which is probably non existant in an old 1920's house.

Presumably where i have dug away has actually made it worse and the water is collecting in the furrow then been drawn up the wall.

Any suggestions would be much apprectiated.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:05 pm

Sparkydelux,
From your description what you have done is to form a membrane at low level on the wall and any water getting into the wall at higher level is now forced inside. Can only suggest you treat the whole wall with a few coats of silicone dampseal to stop water entering the wall.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:22 am