Roller Blind Clutch Mechanism Assembly Problem - How to Re-Assemble?
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ClaireTurner
Labourer
Labourer

Roller Blind Clutch Mechanism Assembly Problem - How to Re-Assemble?

Post by ClaireTurner » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:16 pm

I have made a mess of fixing a roller blind chain and now I need help. The chain isn't the problem - it's the clutch mechanism. It came apart and I don't know how it goes back together. It has a short cord on the inside that winds round both a fixed capstan and a separated toothed capstan inside the clutch. The blind doesn't work properly now that I wound it back myself. How should this be assembled?

ClaireTurner
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Roller Blind Clutch Mechanism Assembly Problem - How to Re-Assemble?

Post by ClaireTurner » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:48 am

Here's what it looks like Image

ClaireTurner
Labourer
Labourer

Post by ClaireTurner » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:04 am

The string (part 3) is the devil. Without it the blind won't behave - it keeps descending after I stop pulling the chain. It is attached to part 4 and the wheel housing bit of part 5 - it turns with the wheel. It winds round the big capstan of part 5 and one of either 1 or 2. So it winds and unwinds when I pull the chain and the blind goes up or down.
Part 1 goes on part 5, teeth out, and meshes with 2, which goes into 4. 2's 'wings' push against the conical inside of 4 and press the teeth together. So complicated.
When the blind goes up the teeth lock, when it goes down the teeth can unmesh, depending on the pressure from 2, because of its wings.

Muddasser
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Muddasser » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:08 pm

Hi Clare, I have exactly the same problem with exactly the same mechanism. I know its been nearly 18 months since you posted it, but did you manage to figure it out?

If so, please let us have some insight! Thanks.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:49 am