Roof Bracing

Postby magiccat » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:31 pm

We got the survey back on a house we want to buy and it said that the roof needed to be braced and that there was a slight twist already where it had moved.

I rang the surveyor who says every house on the estate has had the same issue as they weren't braced when they were built in the early 70's so it comes up on most survey's unless the work had already been carried out. He assures me that bracing will rectify the problem but to get a quote for the work.

Does this sound right and if so who do I call - a roofer, a builder or a joiner??? He suggested a Structural Engineer on the report but then verbally said it didn't really warrant that but he had to say it to cover themselves???

Haven't a clue about this kind of thing at all so any advice much appreciated!
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:22 am


Simply Build It

Postby george watson » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:26 am

Yeah you need to call a roofing contractor for this one.I was facing the same problem but i have then taken suggestions from roofing contractor. Now my problem has been solved. If you need any of my suggestions on this topic.Please feel free to ask me any query here.
george watson
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:46 am

Postby andertonj » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:10 am

Yes Magiccat, I do agree with George Watson on this as I also think that only a roofing contractor can help you at last in this matter. You should call such a roofing contractor which specializes in roof bracing.
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:36 am

Postby orlandoroofers » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:31 pm

A roofing contractor will help you look at your roof and give you an estimate of what it would take to do the job. Get a few roofing companies to give you estimates and then pick from there. It's better to get this fixed early though before other problems arise.

Orlando Roofers
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:26 pm

Postby DoctorD » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:28 pm

Sounds like something you need a roofing contractor for. If possible check with some of the neighbors to find out if they have this problem and how it was fixed plus you would be meeting some of your would be neighbors. Also I would suggest getting two or three quotes from reliable contractors that are licensed, bonded, insured, and will warranty there work.
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:31 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics