Roof Insultation
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cegaccy
Labourer
Labourer

Roof Insultation

by cegaccy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:52 am

Hi I have a barn I am just starting to convert. The roof is currently pantiles, with no felt / membrane. The roof appears to be sound - structural engineer has given it all clear, looks ok and no leaks (over 3 years we have owned it) even although daylight can be seen in some areas. I am reluctant to have it all stripped and relayed just to put felt in, but need to deal with insulation issues. Has anyone any experience of products that can be installed from within the building (eg under or between rafters) in this situation?

ajftk
Labourer
Labourer

by ajftk » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:10 pm

I have the same problem but see you have no replies posted. If youve managed to come up with a solution I would love to knwo about it! Thanks

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:45 pm

You need to check with your local building inspector people as its not just the material you need information on but the U value you must maitain especially now the new SAP regulations are in forrce. Please see our project on this.

cegaccy
Labourer
Labourer

by cegaccy » Wed May 02, 2007 9:05 am

Hi AJFKT
I have similar question posted on a couple of other forums and have made contact with a couple of suppliers of what they say are effective materials. If you let me have an email address I'll pass on some details.

We have deleted the email address here as it could be seen to be advertising. If you would like to address an email to info@diydoctor.org.uk we can pass on any information.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:42 am