Running live/plaster internal wall underneath lining paper
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
milesDexter
Labourer
Labourer

Running live/plaster internal wall underneath lining paper

Post by milesDexter » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:07 pm

Hello everyone first time on here as I have problem which I need your help with. In my lounge I have blown/live plaster on about third of a wall vertically the width of lining paper. I recently repointed the bricks outside and now no damp is finding it way through to the paper lined plaster. I have removed some of the lining paper and the plaster and cement behind that is crumbling and much of it has reverted to a dust like substance-can I use PVA mix to stabilise the remaining cement on the wall which is left behind the actual plaster which I have removed, and then buy some ready mixed skimming plasterto replace the old plaster? You will appreciate that I need to make good the wall to achieve a good bond for the repair. The house was built in 1931. thank-you all Miles Dexter

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

plaster

Post by welsh brickie » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:43 am

yes by all means use pva to seal the plaster,you mentioned the cement render has crumbled as well,I recommend you use limelite plaster to fix the problem.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:11 am