Saunier Duval Thema Condens 24E PRV Replacement Question
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Helius
Labourer
Labourer

Saunier Duval Thema Condens 24E PRV Replacement Question

by Helius » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:19 pm

We have the aforementioned boiler, which has failed numerous times over the last 3 years since it was installed. Apparently the PRV needs replacing (an engineer checked it out and said that was the problem). We're hard up for cash right now, and the amount it'll cost to get an engineer to repair it is forcing me to consider attempting it myself. I'm pretty handy, but usually am very aware of my limitations and won't go beyond them. Gas stuff, boilers etc. have usually been something I have left alone mostly due to safety concerns etc.

With all that said, it does seem that many on the web manage to replace boiler components successfully with a little guidance and I'm up for attempting it. As I said, money is so tight right now it may well be our only option.

So, my question is: How easy is this to replace, and is there somewhere I can get info on the procedure? By the sound of it, I need to depressurize the boiler, drain it, do the swap, then repressurize/fill it, but obviously I need more detail to attempt it than that!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

H

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:00 am

Hi,

The process should be in the manual- if you have it.
If not ring the makers for it to be sent - pdf file or in the post.

Hth

Helius
Labourer
Labourer

by Helius » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:26 am

[quote="Steve the gas"]Hi,

The process should be in the manual- if you have it.
If not ring the makers for it to be sent - pdf file or in the post.

Hth[/quote]

Unfortunately I don't have it. I have the PDF Installation manual/manual which does not describe that particular procedure. Calling SD is a last resort, since it costs 50p/Minute and last time I was on hold for 12 Minutes...

H

AdamsHeating
Ganger
Ganger

by AdamsHeating » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:26 pm

hiya mate,

Type in saunier duval into google, go to the .co.uk site.

Go onto the installer page and on the left hand column there is a title "literature". click on that, and under the heading "High Efficiency Installation and User manual" you will see "Thema CONDENS Installation guide"

This should help!

It took my connection a little while to download it as it is a big pdf.

regards,

AH.

Helius
Labourer
Labourer

by Helius » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:07 pm

[quote="AdamsHeating"]hiya mate,

Type in saunier duval into google, go to the .co.uk site.

Go onto the installer page and on the left hand column there is a title "literature". click on that, and under the heading "High Efficiency Installation and User manual" you will see "Thema CONDENS Installation guide"

This should help!

It took my connection a little while to download it as it is a big pdf.

regards,

AH.[/quote]

Sweet! Thank you. Got the manual; OK - They seem to not mention the PRV directly - Am I correct that instead they refer to it as the "Heating Safety Valve"? They don't make it easy.... :-)

H

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:31 am

Yep , I think that would be it esp, if it looks like yours- diagram.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1