Sealing after Grouting
Advice and information on tiling and fixing tiles to a variety of surfaces

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
misterdun
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sealing after Grouting

by misterdun » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:38 am

We have just finsihed putting Travertine tiles down and have applied a coat of sealant before grouting. After grouting how long should we leave the grout before applying the final layers of sealant, I have read stuff saying to leave it 10 days.

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:13 pm

depends on the grout and the type of sealer being used.

i used a new product to seal my travertine tiles, its a spray-on sealer called "sureseal" it's australian but don't let that put you off!

it says on it that you can seal just 20 minutes after grouting - so that's what i did!

i used BAL grout as i always do.

i had my reservations about this product, wondered how good it would be. but 5 months later i can say that i am very impressed by it. water repellent properties are excellent and it seems to be hard wearing. manufacturers claim that it only need re-applying once every 5 years. yet to prove that of course but so far it's done really well.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:40 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:04 am