security alarm tips
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sillysheep
Labourer
Labourer

security alarm tips

by sillysheep » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:41 am

Hi

I want to buy a security alarm for my 3 bedroom house in the country side. I have been told that the best and latest security alarms are the GSM wireless alarms. Apparently they dont require any cables which would be good. Could anyone shed any light as to are they the best type of alarm these days and does anyone know anything about the following company (Google "wirelessalarmsdirect.co.uk") i was pointed in their direction by a couple of mates but would like some expert advice

Any help would be great

thanks

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:59 pm

For the alarm to be hooked up to a monitoring centre it will need to be installed by a NACOS or other approved installer. You can fit the best alarm in the world but few people will do anything other than complain about the noise and for it to reduce insurance bills or serve any useful purpose in a normal estate it will need connecting to monitoring centre. On the high street where the police patrol then a little different.

Alarms stop two types of people. The chance robber and the professional robber the latter will know all the tricks to silence an alarm including the engineers codes and anything using radio waves is more likely to be jammed than hard wired. Having said that having mobile phone telemetry may be better than land line as harder to jam a mobile than cut telephone lines.

Of course all depends why you want an alarm. If it is just to know when the noise down stairs is the TV and when it is some one breaking in then any old cheap alarm will give you the piece of mind. If you are a pools collector and have £1000 worth of cash in house over weekend then you may want a far better system.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:36 pm