Advice and information on tiling and fixing tiles to a variety of surfaces

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ady_wood
Labourer
Labourer

shaping floor tiles????

Post by ady_wood » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:49 pm

hi all

could some one please help me, i am laying floor tile in my bathroom and wanted to know if there is any easy way of cutting the tiles to shape around the the pipes and skirting boards.

i have tried using a tile cutter coping saw but it takes hours to cut even the smallest of sections.

any ideas on tools, method or equiptment would be greatful.

cheers

forsy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by forsy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:58 am

just done the same project and found an angle grinder with a diamond blade works fine depending on the curve and tile.If you want perfection then Paul at Just Tiles woodley reading is fantastic.Has an amazing cutting machine which cuts any shape you want .Such a nice and knowledgable guy and he cut my marble tiles for the downstairs bathroom just as I marked them.

Skunkfu
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Skunkfu » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:39 pm

My advise would be not to tile around skirting boards, it just looks cheap & awefull to be honest. If i was you i would remove all skirting boards, and when you reach door frame just cut the mouldings at the bottom of the door to allow tile to slide under and it will be much easier to cut tile around door frame. After floor is tiled i would make skirtings from tiles, trust me it looks great!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am