Should a gas boiler be sited over a gas hob?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Drives47
Labourer
Labourer

Should a gas boiler be sited over a gas hob?

by Drives47 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:50 am

Hi all. Firstly. I didn't do it! I moved in 22 years ago, no central heating. Now I fancy moving, but the boiler is a Baxi 22 y/o RSF mounted 24" over the gas hob. The same plumber as fitted the CH fitted the hob 10 yrs later.
I think this might contravene about a million regs when I get a vampire, sorry, estate agent, in? Am I right?

PlumberPaul
Labourer
Labourer

Gas hob below boiler

by PlumberPaul » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:57 pm

Hi. Installing a hob below a CH boiler would'nt be my first choice of locations!! Heat from hob effecting boiler etc. You have stated that the distance between appliances is 24", this is appx 610mm of clearance, ( 760mm being current min ).

The current guidance for hob clearances is 760mm between appliance and materials directly overhead , 460mm from appliance to overhead combustable materials ( cupboards ) either side of hob and a min clearance of 50mm either side of hob, although 300mm is recommended ( for pots etc ).

Regs may have been different 12yr ago when hob was fitted, but was'nt well thought out anyhow. Probably classed as NCS ( not to current standards ) at least.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:30 pm