Should it shut down? Non vented no pressure.
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Should it shut down? Non vented no pressure.

by ericmark » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:18 pm

My dad bleed the radiators on his new central heating when one radiator stopped working.

Turned out people fitting the central heating had left all lock shield valves wide open.

Now all working again once re-filled system and got rid of air up-stairs and throttled back the lock shield valves.

But when I got there the boiler was still running with zero pressure shown and most radiators were still hot.

I was under the impression that if there was a burst or for any other reason pressure was lost it should have shut down.

So should I be calling installers back to look at boiler and why it didn't shut down or should it run with no pressure.?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:38 pm

ericmark,
The pressure sensor should have disabled the boiler, get the CH installers back.
end

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:53 pm

Thank you you have confirmed what I thought should happen. Phone call tomorrow.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:51 pm

Phone call this morning I am assured this type of boiler has a dry boiler sensor not pressure sensor and even with no pressure the boiler will run as long as it has water.

Worcester boiler

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1