All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
simon67
Labourer
Labourer

shower any good?

by simon67 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi All,

a quick question for those in the know - I'm looking to buy a Triton Unichrome Thermostatic Shower Tower (£230), looks like it'll be great! I'm also going to buy a Bristan Newteam 2.0 Bar TWIN IMPELLER Hydropower DURASPEED 2 Shower Booster Pump to run it (£120). Am I buying rubbish or should these be pretty reasonable? I'll come back to ask how best to fit once I know whether to buy them or not!

Cheers.
Simon.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:00 pm

I can't say I have experience with either you mention, but can see problems with the installation coming and suggest you check before purchase.

The problem I have seen before is how much water these beasts use! Normal flow pumps don't always supply enough to get a forceful jet. Now the other problem may be your header tank and hot water cylinder. I have witnessed these towers emptying a header tank in less than 5 minutes of showering and a normal full hot water cylinder will will contain enough for one person to have a quick shower.

Check flow rates and your storage capacity carefully.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:03 pm

Triton and Bristan are not bad makes. Just stay away from DIY superstore own makes - as you'll probably find they're cheap and cheerful (until you find it 5 years time you cannot get spares - lol).

Basically you have to go with what you can afford, Mira - in my opinion are the best - but there'll be a jump in price.

Are they any good ? well it depends on your hot water system. If you have a combi - no they're no good as you cannot pump mains cold water.

More info on hot/cold water/heating system required.

htg

simon67
Labourer
Labourer

by simon67 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:49 am

Thank you both for your comments.
The cold water supply will come from a gravity fed header tank that measures about 4' x 3' x 3' and the hot water tank is what I would call standard, in that it's about 4' tall and 20'' wide - I have no idea what volume of water that all converts to, but I will find out the flow rates of both the shower unit and pump.
Cheers for the advice.
Simon.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:21 pm