3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
russellfl
Ganger
Ganger

shower area leaking

by russellfl » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:50 pm

Hi,

Can anyone help?

I have an ensuite shower that comprises of a tiled area with a separate shower door. The tray doesn't go from wall to wall but there is a 100mm strip of tiles both sides going from the walls to the top of the tray, there's a slight slope on it to allow for run off. My problem is that the two strips have been made out of chip board and water has got into it and puffed it up. can anyone suggest a suitable board to replace the chipboard and also any sealant that I could plaster the whole area in as i don't want to go through this again.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated

Cheers

Detective
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: shower area leaking

by Detective » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:54 am

russellfl wrote:Hi,

Can anyone help?

I have an ensuite shower that comprises of a tiled area with a separate shower door. The tray doesn't go from wall to wall but there is a 100mm strip of tiles both sides going from the walls to the top of the tray, there's a slight slope on it to allow for run off. My problem is that the two strips have been made out of chip board and water has got into it and puffed it up. can anyone suggest a suitable board to replace the chipboard and also any sealant that I could plaster the whole area in as i don't want to go through this again.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated

Cheers
You can use chipboard again but use water resistant quality and paint it all over to seal it properly before fitting[/quote]

heatingbargains
Labourer
Labourer

by heatingbargains » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:23 pm

You are probably better using one of the tile backer boards which are basically hard foam with a cement based coating.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:33 pm