Shower broken! Fixable or need new installation advice
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Danielfreeth
Labourer
Labourer

Shower broken! Fixable or need new installation advice

Post by Danielfreeth » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:59 pm

This morning our shower system went 'pop' followed by a loss of hot water, the shower still runs the same but no hot water.

I turned the power to the shower off at the fuse box, and removed the cover to discover one of the wires ( I think to the heater ) has blown itself away from the heater. (black wire in photo)

I have zero experience with showers so am looking for advice as to if this is fixable or needs replacing , and if needing replacing which sort unit I need for an easy replacement in terms of power ect.

All I can tell you is its a Newlec calypso plus. I have attached a few photos of the problem and of the info on the label on the shower. unfortunately the info is quite faded so I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

Any help or advice would be great, I'm happy to get an electrician to instal or fix but would like to buy the unit myself if I can/needed .

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Shower broken! Fixable or need new installation advice

Post by Mr White » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:58 pm

I would suggest you get an electrician to come and have a look first.
Some will not install "customer supplied parts" also he can look at the supply cable (To determine its size) and tell you what the biggest KW size shower you can have.

I would guess that is how the shower you have came to be there, since newlec is a brand belonging to Newey and Eyre, who are an electrical wholesaler.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:41 pm