shower pressure
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jandino
Labourer
Labourer

shower pressure

by jandino » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Don't know if anyone can help! We've moved house recently and the water pressure on our mira shower is very low. Its probably 20 years old and we will be ripping the whole thing out when we do an extension but probably in about 12 months. The water pressure on the rest of the taps, bath and basin is really strong.The shower is over the bath and the immersion tank is on the wall behind. Any ideas?

bobtb007
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: shower pressure

by bobtb007 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:54 pm

Is it an electric or gravity fed hot and cold water shower?

I presume hot and cold water as you have mentioned the position of the hot water cylinder.

If its a hot and cold water fed, take off the valve from the wall and check to see if there are inlet striner/filters that may be blocked.

if its and electric shower, same thing may be the case on the cold water feed

Other factors involve pressure loss issues through the shower valve itself, the taps may be for gravity fed low pressure system but the shower valve not, it all depends upon the design and trust me there are a multitude of designs some sutable for only high pressure mains fed or pump boosted, other suitable for pressures down to 0.5m head and other for as low as 0.2 or 0.1m head.

i hope this helps for starters

Russ

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:33 pm