shower pull cord
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
leeby
Apprentice
Apprentice

shower pull cord

by leeby » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:41 pm

The pull cord on my shower keep getting jammed. It can be switched on and off from the button next to the cord, but this is quite inconvenient at times, especially when you have visitors. I have taken the cover off the pull cord switch, but the wires are too tight for me to see inside the switch. Any suggestions please.........

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:00 pm

Hi leeby, sw. is sealed so only terminals available, not sure what you mean by Button next to cord? do you mean on shower unit itself? If so you may not realise that the pull sw. is not rated for constant use, it is only there for maintenance & emergency switching, not 'functional switching', the reason it's jamming is because it's been over used, get it replaced then cut cord short to discourage daily use,
regards SPARX

leeby
Apprentice
Apprentice

by leeby » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:10 pm

Hi sparx, thanks for the reply.Yeah, there is a little on/off switch next to the pull chord. This is located outside the shower cubicle. I used to be able to pull the cord, and the light would come on, telling me the shower was ready for use. Are you saying that really I should not be using the cord, just the switch to switch the shower on?
Once again thanks for reply

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:59 pm

YUP!!
B.W. SPARX

leeby
Apprentice
Apprentice

by leeby » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:09 pm

[
Thanks for that sparx.

better get the stool out permantley..seeing as the switch is too high for me to reach. :cry:

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:54 am

Hi I have just realised what you mean by the 'button next to sw'. NO NO
it's just an on/off INDICATOR not a button,
surely there is a sw. on the shower itself! or when water turned on/off heater automatically works? the whole pull sw. unit is only for isolation purposes, as I said it's not capable of daily switching!!!
Please get a new one & then leave it ON !,thanks,
SPPARX

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:02 am