shower pump on a system boiler
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
julesrules
Labourer
Labourer

shower pump on a system boiler

Post by julesrules » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:06 pm

[b][i][color=blue][/color][size=18][/size]
I have a glowworm 18sxi system boiler with an ariston tank, I think this is a presurissed system. I would like to add a shower to my bathroom and don't know if I would need a pump or if the system would make this superflous [/i][/b]

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:27 pm

If the system is pressurised, you cannot install a pump. IF you have a good water pressure from the mains, then a pump is not necessary as you will get an excellent shower without. If the water mains is poor, the pump won't work anyway as it has nowhere to suck the water from.

On another point, shower pumps are normally only designed to work in low pressure systems so mains pressures will cause them to fail and leak.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by rosebery » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:12 pm

If its an unvented cylinder then your system will be at mains pressure so there should be no need for a separate pump for the shower.

Cheers

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by rosebery » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:32 pm

"On another point, shower pumps are normally only designed to work in low pressure systems so mains pressures will cause them to fail and leak."

Not only that but you are NOT allowed to pump mains without the express permission of your water utility and you'll be very unlikely to get it!

Few people realise it but, tecnically, pressure washers are not legal because invariably the outside tap they are fed from is mains.

Cheers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1