shower pump

Postby redkev » Wed May 14, 2008 10:38 pm

i have a combi boiler and want to put a shower pump in as pressure aint too good. can it be done? sumone told me i would need a water tank to feed the pump as a pump cant go on the mains.
redkev
Progress to next rank:
57.7%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby plumbbob » Thu May 15, 2008 7:23 am

You cannot fit a pump into a pressurised system for two reasons.

Firstly pumps are only rated between 1 or 2 bar where mains can be as high as 10 bar. The pump seals would fail.

Secondly, Pumps pump not suck. If you have low water pressure, a pump will not overcome this. It could cause all sorts of problems like air entering when a sink tap is turned on or ground water being sucked into a leaking water main.

Combi's should give an excellent shower. If the water pressure is low, you need to find out why and cure that problem.
plumbbob

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!