Shrunk corner papers under skimming layer of plaster

Postby Cynthia » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:34 am

In my bedroom and bathroom the corner papers under the skimming layer of plaster have shrunk and cracked and are unsightly (usually where the wall meets the gabled angle of the ceiling). I am about to decorate these rooms and I have already tried in another room to fill with polyfiller but I cannot get an even surface. They are beyond repairing and trying to stick down again. Any suggestions?
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:21 am


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:07 pm

Remove the existing paper tape and replace with plasterers reinforcing tape, you will then need to replaster the corner - blend the new plaster over a width of the existing wall.
Posts: 2715
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics