slippery decking!
Ask questions and find answers on all your decking problems and issues

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hoddle10
Labourer
Labourer

slippery decking!

by hoddle10 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:06 pm

Is there a treatment or product i can use to stop my decking from being slippery?

chrisy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: slippery decking!

by chrisy » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:43 pm

[quote="hoddle10"]Is there a treatment or product i can use to stop my decking from being slippery?[/quote]

Yes mine is like a skating rink at present. There are commercial treatments that are sprayed on but these seem so very expensisve and short lived. There must be a cheap household recipe.

TimbertechUK
Labourer
Labourer

by TimbertechUK » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:18 pm

You could try using non-slip decking paint. Im not too sure how effective it is!

1truescott
Labourer
Labourer

slippery decking

by 1truescott » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:47 pm

The best way to keep a deck from becoming slippy is by ensuring that the deck is cleaned.. preferably at leat once a week, by giving it a good scrub with a stiff decking brush.

If there is no organic matter on the deck and no oils or other slippery liquids building up on the surface then it should remain safe enough :)

Scott
www.argylltimberservices.co.uk

SkidProof
Labourer
Labourer

Slippery Decking

by SkidProof » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:52 am

There are many products available on the market which claim to reduce the risk of slip and no doubt many of them do. My company SkidProof (Bucks) has a non-slip floor coating which works exceptionally well on decking. It is a clear, easy to clean product which lasts for years and perhaps more importantly is non-culturised which means that does not promote the growth of algae and bacteria.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:47 am