Slugs in Kitchen following damp problem
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Birdy7
Labourer
Labourer

Slugs in Kitchen following damp problem

by Birdy7 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:54 am

Hi All
I'm hoping someone can help or at least reassure me!
We bought our house last August and after a week noticed a slug problem in the kitchen, over the winter we also noticed terrible drafts. This spring we decided to enlist a builder who has been absolutley brilliant, he correctly diagnosed that the floor joists had rotted meaning there were large gaps by the walls. However once we had the enitre kitchen taken out the floor ripped up we also found that both the outside drain and the soil pipe were leaking under the ground and through the walls, so the soil under the kitchen floor was wet.
3 months of rangling with the insurers (they didn't pay out) and we had a new drain fitted, new soil pipe, floor joists and kitchen. However I have just started seeing slug trails reappearing in the kitchen, I love the house but the thought that this is still going on fills me with dread. The house was built in 1927, the air bricks are below ground level outside (but there isn't one near the kitchen). I am wondering if I can try and remove one of the kickboards under the cupboards to see if there is anything untoward going on but I can't seem to access it. Looking online there seems to be a lot of people with a slug problem that don't seem to be panicking as much as me!?
Any advice would be great

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

slugs

by welsh brickie » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:39 pm

Slugs love damp conditions,you have to dry as much of the moisture you can under the floor.You need to install more air bricks this should help

Birdy7
Labourer
Labourer

by Birdy7 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:06 pm

Thanks Welsh Brickie
Had the builder round today and we've started trying to eliminate things.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:31 am