Solar HW tank but no panels in short term
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
jamesmeikle
Labourer
Labourer

Solar HW tank but no panels in short term

Post by jamesmeikle » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:20 pm

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and was wondering if anyone can offer me some advice.

I am renovating an older property and would like to install a domestic solar HW system. I need to replace the HW tank and boiler anyway but unfortunately I cannot afford to install the solar panels at this time. I was probably going to go with a Grant oil fired boiler (no gas in our village) and I thought I might as well install the Santon premier plus solar 300 litre PP300E twin coil tank now anyway so when I hopefully upgrade to include solar panels in the next couple of years I will not have to change the tank again.

I sort of understand that the tank might be sectioned inside but can anyone tell me if this is a good idea or not using the solar tank with only the boiler for a few years.

The house will be 4 bedrooms with myself my wife and two small children (3yrs & 5yrs), 2 bathrooms, 1 wc, both bathrooms will have a bath in with a seperate shower over them. I am planning on having an unvented system so there will be no need for shower pumps.

Many thanks,

James

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1