soundproofing for impact noise please help
Questions and answers on many aspects of soundproofing areas of your home

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
emmathet
Labourer
Labourer

soundproofing for impact noise please help

by emmathet » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:46 pm

Help please :o I am on the verge of spending thousands of pounds on soundproofing because of noise from neighbours house.I live in a semi the doors are so loud that i can hear them even with ear plugs have been woken every morning at 6 am since they arrived and kept up late at night it realy is mainly the doors that bother me.i have had the council involved but no success they say its every day noise i measured their front door to be 76 decibels :!:
does anyone know if soundproofing party walls will help or if there is anything can be done to stop the doors banging (could be difficult as they hate me now because of my complaints)we did put sticky stuff round when they arrived but they said the doors wouldnt shut and ripped it off ahhh please help am exhausted
thank u :cry: :cry:

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:22 pm

emmathet,
If the noise is coming through the party wall you could fit an addition stud wall incorporating rockwool acoustic slabs inside the existing wall. The wall would have to be fitted to leave a air gap and fixing would have to be to the floor and ceiling. You will loose about 100mm on the width of the room.
It depends how the noise is being transferred from one house to the next so suggest you try one room to see what effect it has.
end

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

by TheDoctor4 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:59 pm

For up to 5 FREE quotes from trusted, vetted and insured tradesmen in your area visit the DIY Doctor Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:37 pm