Stained / marked wintherstone

Postby Danc » Thu May 24, 2007 7:36 am

I have a fire surround and hearth in my new house described as 'Textured Wintherstone'. It basically looks and feels like sand mixed in a cream paint and sprayed onto the fire surround and hearth. I have had a new gas fire installed and carpets and in sealing the fire mortar stains have been left and finger prints and marks from the carpet fitters tools.

Any ideas how to remove the marks, if the surface is rubbed the texture is removed and leaves a flat shiny patch.

Progress to next rank:

Simply Build It

Postby thedoctor » Thu May 24, 2007 8:49 pm

We know B & Q stock this type of fire surround so it may be worth asking someone in one of their stores. We have never had anything to do with it sorry but there should be someone along to help soon !!?

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!