Stairwell and Landing Light now Work Idenpendently after Changing

Postby liam864 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:16 pm

Hi.
Ive replaced both the stairwell and landing switches,replaced the wires as shown in the diagram I made,however the lights now work independently.

I can switch the landing light on from the stairwell but not turn it off from the switch on the landing,and its the same when switching the landing light on,not off from stairwell.

My switches are wired so:
Stairwell: Black, Grey, Brown.all in their own separate connector.

Landing: Black/Brown. together. Yellow/Red.Together. Red in its own connector.

I have reconnected the new switches exactly as per the diagram but at a loss as to why not working.

I have used 1 gang 2 way switches which gives me three connectors in each switch.

Anybody help!!
liam864
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:27 pm

Can't work out what you have done. But with a two way switch there are only three options on wiring.

Com is important but L1 and L2 being swapped around will not really matter so only real thing that can go wrong is to have wrong wire in com. So one in three chance of getting it right.
ericmark

Postby liam864 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:18 am

Thanks for your reply.

Will tackle the switches again later.
liam864
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!