Standing water on Fiberglass flat roof
Information, help and advice on maintaining, installing and repairing a flat roof. Post your questions and view answers here

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sue Mellor
Labourer
Labourer

Standing water on Fiberglass flat roof

by Sue Mellor » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:40 pm

Can anyone offer advise? I have recently had two large flat rooves on my home replaced with fiberglass. I now have large (several square metres) pools of standing water on both rooves following periods of rain. The only problem I have at the moment from this is being woken very early by birds taking an early morning bath! Are these pools a problem? If so I may have to demand the builder return to correct the problem which I susspect will be costly for him. Can anyone suggest any documents to which I could turn if he says that this is normal? :?

enty13
Labourer
Labourer

by enty13 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:32 pm

Hello, Im a roofer and have done well over 200 flat roofs in my time. maybe one in ten of these may puddle, but puddling will not affect the fibreglass roof if its has been laid correctly! The puddling is not down to incorrect laying of the fibreglass but most likely to your timber joists not having a run on them. I will normally see if the costumer is ok with this and if not it will require addition works seperate to the original quote. So my advice would be to to look over your quote and see what they have originally priced to do!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:35 am