Stripping Wallpaper From Plasterboard
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jdwil3
Labourer
Labourer

Stripping Wallpaper From Plasterboard

by jdwil3 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:22 pm

Is there any way i can strip wallpaper from plasterboard without damaging the plasterboard, so I can emulsion the walls?

Dan the man
Ganger
Ganger

by Dan the man » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Pretty much imposs without damaging the plasterboard, either replace the plasterboard or put lining paper over the top and paint on that.

acsimpson
Foreman
Foreman

by acsimpson » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:01 pm

Although I've not seen it done myself I have spoken to a plasterer who recommended plastering over wall paper in this situation. Although it would obviously depend on the wallpaper and it would need to be prepared to ensure the plaster won't fall off.

theshedman
Foreman
Foreman

by theshedman » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:51 pm

Hi, I would say as you want to emulsion the walls to go along with acsimpson on this one and get the walls skimmed first then you will have good walls to paint and will not get this problem in the future. If you are going to do it yourself, remove any loose paper then give the wall a coat of PVA, allow to dry and then skim. I have done it on a number of occasions and it is worth it for the finish you get and the time it will save. Just don't know why they do this as it causes so many problems when you come to redecorate. Cost I suppose. Good luck with it. Shed.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:42 pm