structal loft supports
Information and advice on lofts and loft conversions. Find solutions and post your questions here...

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jpread988
Labourer
Labourer

structal loft supports

by jpread988 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:51 pm

hi,

i have just bought my first house well bungalow has loads of probleams i expect all new houses have the main issue i have is my loft should look like this crude drawing but the prviouse owner has cut the red sections out and the roof is starting to separate from the house :( i know i can just replace these supports with 4x2s bolted and dogged, but can i do something along the lines of my secand picture with new green supports??? will this put the structal strenght back into the roof if it does any idease about measuments A and B

thanks kind regards jamie

(how do i add a picture to show you)

happyhacker
Tradesman
Tradesman

by happyhacker » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:28 am

Without a pic. impossible to know your problem. See the forum posting rules or put them on the internet somewhere e.g. facebook and provide a link.

If you have structural movement get a builder to support the problem areas first to prevent further movement.

If you do not assess the problem correctly you may not prevent further problems.

loftmonkey
Labourer
Labourer

Re: structal loft supports

by loftmonkey » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:51 am

jpread988 wrote:hi,

i have just bought my first house well bungalow has loads of probleams i expect all new houses have the main issue i have is my loft should look like this crude drawing but the prviouse owner has cut the red sections out and the roof is starting to separate from the house :( i know i can just replace these supports with 4x2s bolted and dogged, but can i do something along the lines of my secand picture with new green supports??? will this put the structal strenght back into the roof if it does any idease about measuments A and B

thanks kind regards jamie

(how do i add a picture to show you)

Imageshack.us is a quick and easy to share pics..just upload and provide a url here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:11 pm