Supplementary bonding in bathroom - is this right, please?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
fred76
Labourer
Labourer

Supplementary bonding in bathroom - is this right, please?

by fred76 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:55 am

Hi,

I have read the building regs and various forum posts on this topic but remain confused. Please could someone confirm if I have reached the right conclusion about supplementary bonding in this scenario:

All pipework in the bathroom is plastic (bath, shower, sink, toilet), except for a towel radiator, which is supplied with copper pipe with plastic push-fit joints.

Electrics are a pull switch to downlights (outside of zones) and an extractor fan (outside of zones) with its own triple pole isolating pull switch (outside of zones).

Am I correct in thinking that no supplementary bonding is required as there are no electrics within zones 1-3?

Thanks very much in advance for help on this confusing topic.

fridspark
Apprentice
Apprentice

by fridspark » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:08 am

I'm afraid your wrong!
You will have to have bonding to the radiator from the lights, pull cord and shaver point.......... you won't have to to do the sink or shower.
The regs are changing next year so keep and eye out for the changes.

fred76
Labourer
Labourer

by fred76 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:54 pm

Thanks for your reply fridspark.

As per your other post, I'll be making sure I get in a professional to do the work. It's just that I needed to work out if I could plasterboard a wall just yet or if I should wait until the electrics are done (as the earth wire for supp. bonding would need to go from the towel rad to the ceiling inside this wall).

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:35 pm