Supply for shower pump
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
morganpj
Labourer
Labourer

Supply for shower pump

Post by morganpj » Sat May 24, 2008 5:33 pm

Hi,
I have a shower pump and need an electric supply to it. The pump will be in the airing cupboard and there is electricity there for the heating controls, timer, water pump, emersion heater etc. Would it be OK to take a spur off the heating junction box? Any advice would be appreciated, Thank you.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by rosebery » Sat May 24, 2008 11:26 pm

Using the CH / DHW wiring centre is not on.

There is no reason (that I can see) that you shouldn't take a spur off the immersion heater supply which should be quite separate from the wiring centre.

Cheers

morganpj
Labourer
Labourer

Post by morganpj » Sun May 25, 2008 9:18 am

Thank you Rosebery. I had a look at the immersion heater switch and thought at the time that this also was connected to the CH and as you say seperate from the wiring centre. I pulled the fuse in the CU for the upstairs sockets and the immersion switch was still live when tested. I believe that this switch is connected up to the CH fuse which is 15amps. Is it still OK to spur off this switch? Any further advice please. Thank you.

ericmark

Post by ericmark » Sun May 25, 2008 9:03 pm

In theory no. Supply to immersion heater should not feed anything else.
In practice I would, and use a switched fuse spur with correct fuse for pump. Most likely 3 amp.

Eric

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:20 pm