Surveyor Lied that I have 100% Damp in Wall after Survey
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sodespondent
Labourer
Labourer

Surveyor Lied that I have 100% Damp in Wall after Survey

Post by Sodespondent » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:44 pm

Our neighbour planned to tank the other side of our party wall and wouldn't listen to our concerns that it's cause more damp our side.

After five weeks of ignoring us, she told us she'd be going ahead and it was tough if our side got damaged. Our solicitor sent a legal letter and works halted.

Her contractor finally agreed to inject instead of tanking but said he wanted to survey our side of the wall to see how much damp there is to protect himself. Obviously we wanted an independent surveyor so the neighbour got a csrt one as requested.

The independent surveyor spent half an hour round her house being given a sob story then came to ours being very hostile accusing me of being obstructive and told me our wall has 100% damp. 100%!! Then left. No proper measuring to see how bad it high the damp was no writing anything down.

I used my own damp Meter and put it in the wall in the same three spots. It said 21, 10 and 16, still damp but not 100%.

I'm so upset by this. Is 100% even possible? The walls seen find to us? Are they just lying to protect the neighbour.

I expected the salesman to do a dodgy survey but not these registered ones.

I'm shocked.

What would you advise I do next?

I really want my neighbours works to start ASAP so she can get her house finished. I feel bad for her even though she was pretty horrid to us. So I'm upset that these lies may cause delays for her too

thedoctor

Re: Surveyor Lied that I have 100% Damp in Wall after Survey

Post by thedoctor » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi

This is a bit of a tricky situation for all concerned. In light of the issues for both you and your neighbour it may be good to get another opinion.

We have worked with a company called Property Repair Solutions for many years and they have huge expertise in pretty much all areas of damp so it may be worth giving them a call as they offer free, no obligation help.

If you visit the following project page then their contact details are at the top: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/coldspots.htm

Additionally, we have many projects on damp and solving damp issues that may be worth a read for some further insight: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/diy-how-to-type/damp.htm

Kind Regards

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:36 pm