System needs flushing
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Kully
Labourer
Labourer

System needs flushing

by Kully » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:23 pm

I have been told that my system needs to be flushed out, i have drained the system down and tried to add a cleaning solution to a radiator (downstairs) via the bleed screw (very very small hole) but it does not want to take it in.

Also i have two tanks in my loft a large cold water one and next to it a small one with hot water in it, can i add the cleaning solution to the small tank?? when drained off a again can i then add inhibitor to the same tank??

Please help!!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:48 pm

Kully,
Yes you can add the cleansing liquid to the smaller of the two tanks BUT the small tank should not be hot - this needs investigating.
end

swidders
Ganger
Ganger

by swidders » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:48 pm

Yes - small header tank is where you put it. Search for Fernox website - it will give details of flushing and protecting your system.

Skids
Ganger
Ganger

by Skids » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:34 pm

Hi Kully

It helps if you remove the whole plug not just the air vent screw, remember you can only add the volume of the Rad this way!

yes in deed, NOT the Big tank ! ! !

hold up the ball cock valve which fills the F & E tank (small one)to stop the water entering the system,

drain some of the CH fluid from a drain valve at the bottom of a Rad, close the valve!

add the cleaning solution to the F&E Tank, ensuring in goes down into the CH system, if necessary top the F&E up

run the CH system for a week (read instructions on CF)

then do it all again with the inhibitor

Regards

Skids

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:34 am

Hi,

Yes add to small tank when drained down, but clean tank first.

Hth

Kully
Labourer
Labourer

by Kully » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:50 pm

Thanks folks!!

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1