Timer for External Lights and Replacing Solar Light Switch
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jonbhoy1972
Labourer
Labourer

Timer for External Lights and Replacing Solar Light Switch

Post by jonbhoy1972 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:38 am

Hi all,

Got a small problem that i just need advice on.GF's house the front two lights are at the side with a solar switch on the front wall.The front is very dark so she wants a light at the front which of course will turn off as it would be by the solar switch.So have ripped out the solar switch and just ran it into the hall on a normal switch.All is well with no issues but during winter now when she gets home from work the whole house is dark defeating the purpose.So i need to fit a light time to turn the lights off and on at night and morning that can be hard wired if need be and one thats pref below £30.Looked at a few that said it was for heating purposes like the one i have added,would this work with lighting?

Thank you all so much and a merry xmas to all,

Jon

https://www.screwfix.com/p/greenbrook-7 ... 0wodwAgKgQ

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Timer for External Lights and Replacing Solar Light Switch

Post by Mr White » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:43 pm

They say they are for heating as they either have a bigger switching capacity or more timer functions, where as for a light its just a small load and on and off once / day. Yes, that will be suitable for switching lights.

jonbhoy1972
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Timer for External Lights and Replacing Solar Light Switch

Post by jonbhoy1972 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:58 pm

Mr White wrote:They say they are for heating as they either have a bigger switching capacity or more timer functions, where as for a light its just a small load and on and off once / day. Yes, that will be suitable for switching lights.

Thank you Sir,very much appreciated.I thought they would be ok but just wanted reassurance from those in the know ;-)

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:26 pm