TO SEAL OR NOT SEAL?
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
WAZZY786
Labourer
Labourer

TO SEAL OR NOT SEAL?

by WAZZY786 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:13 pm

Hi ive just had my driveway done - Marshalls Driveway Elite. My question is whether or not I should have this sealed/waterproofed. One person's said its useless and a waste of money and all it does is give the driveway a bit of a sheen to it and if it had been essential for the life of the brick then Marshalls being the company they are would have sealed each brick to start with. Others have said its great as it will not only waterproof it but will also help with bird droppings/seed germination/moss growth.

Please help as i'm confused!

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

by marrtin » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:48 pm

It makes it damn slippery in the winter.

If your drive faces south, moss is less likely to grow.

Kenj
Ganger
Ganger

by Kenj » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:50 pm

I had a Marshalls Tegula driveway laid about 6 years ago. It now has areas covered with black mould staining and greenish algae spots, particularly where there is any overhanging vegitation, or plant pots situated. However other areas in the middle of the driveway are also affected. It would seem that the blocks have become saturated with some of the heavy rainfall we have had. I am now thouroughly cleaning the entire drive, and will deffinitely seal it when I have finished. This will help prevent moss and weeds in the joints as well as enhance the faded colour of the blocks. It may or may not make it more slippery, but at the moment it looks like shit, so I don't really care.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:30 pm