To trade or not to trade
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
willU2
Apprentice
Apprentice

To trade or not to trade

by willU2 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:44 pm

Dear All,

Could someone please tell me if it is possible to be a self employed spark, with C&G 2360, 16th, & Part P. £2 million public liabilities. I won't be able to join AEC(?) 'cos I won't hit £30K & I have been put off joining the NIC as a Domestic Installer by a Spark with 30+ years experience. He said they may take £900 from me & still turn me down. Second point, which meter's would you recommend for testing?

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:23 am

I presume typo. & mean ECA, didn't think they worried abt turn over , maybe it's changed since I joined..
I won't join NICEIC because they don't work to IEE regs but to some version they would like the regs to be....
NAPIT tough on joining inspection but fair and not so expensive, have very good easy access help lines,
I have tried most meters , individual & combination types, including Fluke, Robin, alpha tech, & have settled for Megger MFT 1502, easy to use , logical.
regards SPARX

willU2
Apprentice
Apprentice

by willU2 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:03 pm

Thankx for the answer, but is it necessary to join an "association"?

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:36 am

No, but u won't be able to self-certify your partp work meaning u will have to get bldg control in for most domestic jobs just like Mr Public, and pay ££££
for the visit..
even if u have done a 'Part P' course u can only reg. through one of the 3/4 organisations.
If you only do commercial/ industrial work no point in joining except for cheap insurence, news letters, etc.
Regards SPARX

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:55 am