All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dmason
Labourer
Labourer

Toilet affecting shower

Post by dmason » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:30 am

Hi
I recently had a shower fitted. It uses cold water from the mains mixed with hot water from the tank. I functions with very good pressure. The problem I have is that whenever someone flushes the toilet, the shower becomes extremely hot, as if the cold water flow to it has been withdrawn. Why does this happen and is there a solution? The builder who fitted it has disappeared and cannot be traced, despite ongoing attempts. This is my other problem.
I hope you can help solve my shower problem.
Many thanks.

Don

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:13 pm

There's not much that can be done, common problem with showers, just try not to use any other taps when the shower is in use.

Basically the water flow through the shower will be reduced when any other taps or appliances are used.

htg

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:42 pm

This is why showers really ought to have dedicated supplies from the header tank to ensure equal pressures for the hot and cold feeds.

Up until recently, it was almost impossible to find a shower that would work with both high and low supply pressures. Now there seem to be many about.

Check the instructions about how the shower can be connected, and consider re-plumbing for a safer shower.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:04 pm