TOILET FACILITIES
information and advice on general building topics, builders merchants, problem builders, DIY Stores etc....

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mrandmrs
Labourer
Labourer

TOILET FACILITIES

by mrandmrs » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:42 am

Hi a very new member on this forum looking for advice......
We are having a smallish front porch built and though we do have a down stairs loo I would prepare it if the company we are using would supply their own toilet facilities....am I being reasonable to suggest this to the builders........?

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: TOILET FACILITIES

by welsh brickie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:32 am

it is a bit over the top to suggest a site toilet, they can supply their own but it will cost you extra

mrandmrs
Labourer
Labourer

by mrandmrs » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:26 pm

I dont know why you think it "over the top".....I will see how many my little down stairs loo will have to accommodate.....mind all being well they may get fed up with having to take their shoes/boots/trainers off to use the loo.......
I shall make sure I have a good supply of strong rubber gloves, bleach and dettol..........

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

by TheDoctor4 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi

Have you checked out our How to Avoid Cowboy Builders presentations from the ideal Home Show 2011. Although mainly concentrating on the Cowboy Builders subject it offers suggestions on building a good relationship with your builder, including areas such as use of toilet facilities etc....:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xTErHs_8nM Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vkllt2cvOU Part 2

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:21 pm

mrandmrs,
If you are uncomfortable with strangers using you WC then the company can hire a loo for under £50 per week, OK there is delivery and collection on top but even so it may be an option for you.
end

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:32 pm