Toilet Flush Pipe Leak
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
JFraser83
Labourer
Labourer

Toilet Flush Pipe Leak

Post by JFraser83 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:56 am

I have a leak coming from the back of my toilet, from what i believe to be known as the flush pipe? I have looked all over the internet and not seen an attachment like the offending part anywhere? See image. It is a close coupled toilet, but with this connection feeding the water from the cistern upon flushing.

Quite a substantial amount of water comes out on every flush, from where the red arrow is pointing.

Before I undo it to see what is causing the leak, I wondered if anyone has seen this before, or should i be warey that parts dont exist for this anymore (im guessing it will be a new rubber washer/flange job). Or what I am expected to find under there. I dont want to take it off and not be able to put it back in a fixed state.

Also any safety tips (not flooding my house!) plus gerenal advice/tips would be appreciated.

p.s. As you probably have guessed im an amateur plumber!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andymarkson
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Toilet Flush Pipe Leak

Post by andymarkson » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:56 am

It is important to hire a water leak company for any leak problem as you don't know the problem is big or small. The problem must be solved on time otherwise problem may become bigger. Internet is the best source to get information about the best water leak companies.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Toilet Flush Pipe Leak

Post by htg engineer » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:38 pm

A water leak company? rubbish this is a simple plumbing job, which a competent DIYer can repair.

I haven't seen many like this, most sit on the back of the toiler pan, normally sealed with a large 'donut' style washer.

Turn off the cold water and flush the toilet, undo the 2 wing-nuts and disconnect cold water supply. The cistern will now lift off the pan. Now you can strip down the connection to find out what the seal is, I would attempt this early morning allowing time to go to DIY shops to find spares, not a problem if you have 2 toilets. Depending on what you find, you may just need to make a new seal/gasket.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:50 am