Toilet very slow to drain
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dns
Apprentice
Apprentice

Toilet very slow to drain

Post by dns » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:46 pm

I've just redecorated the bathroom in my new flat, in an attempt to fix all the disastrous errors made by the previous owner.

However, I now have a new problem. My toilet (modern push-button suite) is quite slow to drain and as a result sometimes takes a couple of flushes to clear the pan completely.

The only thing I changed when I refitted the WC after decorating, was the flexi-fit connector which I replaced with a new one. (the old one was discoloured and the seals were distorted as it had been pushed into an old style pan connector, which I also removed).

Anyone got any ideas for me? I'm assuming some sort of blockage in the WC waste, before it gets to the soil stack (about 5 feet away). Unfortunatly all the pipework is boxed in so I can't access it.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:41 pm

dns,
Assuming the pipe has a fall to the main stack its probably one of those plastic smelly block holders. This has been mentioned before on this forum and they don't normally get past the first bend.
Remove the pan and use a length of wire with a hook on the end and see what you can pull out.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:47 pm