Towel Radiator not working
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
will100000
Labourer
Labourer

Towel Radiator not working

Post by will100000 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:55 pm

Hi,

Can someone please help. I recently had a new bathroom installed by a professional. We wanted him to replace the old central heating radiator with a towel radiator. Which we asked him to move to the opposite wall, hence the plumbing was done as appropriate.

However he has now gone and I am left with a cold towel radiator! It is a ladder style towel radiator from B&Q.

I have bleed it for few hours today (few buckets) and it does get slightly warm after a while but not hot. The colour of the water is slightly golden however I gave up as this did get hot as the old central heating radiator used to. Not sure if it will go back to cold again after I stopped the bleed valve now.

We have a single pipe central heating system (I know what a nightmare!). British gas said it might be because he used a upvc pipe and this restricts the water flow for the towel radiator. Also the towel radiator is about 75cm off the floor hence the water would have to travel up the upvc pipe.

Can anyone help or suggest an alternative?

Many Thanks

Will

griffo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by griffo » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:34 pm

Sounds like the one pipe system has not been modified correctly for the new location, prob more of a tiler than a plumber.
Out of interest as british gas are the experts, what did they recomend as a remedy and how much did they quote?

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

Post by Steve the gas » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:20 am

Change it all to a 2 pipe system - sorted.

will100000
Labourer
Labourer

Post by will100000 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:25 pm

[quote="griffo"]Sounds like the one pipe system has not been modified correctly for the new location, prob more of a tiler than a plumber.
Out of interest as british gas are the experts, what did they recomend as a remedy and how much did they quote?[/quote]

Well British gas didn't want to know. They asked me to get a plumber!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1