Treating Wet Rot in Bathroom after Leaking Taps and Shower

Postby Johnsonsyard » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:59 am

Hi everyone . Have had a leaking bath behind taps where seal against wall broken and shower water running behind and under bath. Further investigation revealed dampness and some soft wood, on floor and black soft wood behind skirting board. I realise black soft wood needs removing , I think . however if wood is not black and I can dry it out does it need removing. Any advice on the subject of treating wet rot would be appreciated. Don't want to make the job bigger than I need .

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards

Nick
Johnsonsyard
Progress to next rank:
75%

Sponsor

Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby katoosh525 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:19 am

Provided you have sorted out the leak, you will probably manage to save most of the timber, and associated hassle of replacing it, by using the tips and tools detailed here:
http://www.rotdoctor.com/epoxy/woodrestoration.html

Good luck.
katoosh525
Progress to next rank:
78.9%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!